Babies and Children
Swimming Lessons for Children
Copper Coast offers your children a new and fun way to learn how to swim and be safe in and around water!
Babies from 6 months and up can be enrolled into our swimming program and we accept enrolments right up to teenagers.
We have partnered with Swimming Australia to deliver students new and effective swimming and water safety program focusing on contemporary experiential and activity-based learning, encouraging and supporting students to explore pathways into competitive and recreational lap swimming.
Implementation of this high-quality, activity-based educational program is designed to better integrate student learning outcomes into real-world settings, offering students the opportunity to:
- Gain maximum participation and practice time in activities that encourage, mentor and support the learning process where they are active for most of the lesson.
- Be empowered to think, discuss and decide through experiential-based learning where mentoring, guidance and challenge encourages them to use and enhance their knowledge, skill and understanding.
- Learn and understand essential components of personal survival and water safety elements while concurrently in addition to the development of establishing strong and effective swimming technique.
- Be supported by professional, qualified teachers as they progress through the curriculum.
Our Learn to swim program seeks to build swimming skills, but most importantly it ensures that the essential components of personal survival and water safety are provided, in addition to a process of developing strong and effective swimming, leading to a lifetime of fun and safety in the water.
Our swim lessons run for 48 weeks a year to ensure quick progression for your child.
GOswim Membership Benefits
1st Child - $16.50 /week
2nd Child - $ 14.50 /week
3rd and subsequent Children- $ 12.50 /child/week
- Weekly lessons - Enjoy weekly swimming lessons throughout the year for 48 weeks.
- Easy and affordable - With weekly payment, swimming lessons are more affordable and can be easily managed with our direct debit system.
- Ongoing enrolment - Preventing the need to re-enrol each term and offering your preferred lesson time.
GOswim FAQs Expand all
What are the benefits of GOswim?
It's never too early or late to learn how to swim! Our GOswim program ensures that students learn and understand personal survival and water safety elements at all ages.
Other Benefits Include
- Establishing a strong and effective swimming technique
- Becoming empowered to think, discuss and decide
- Enhancing knowledge, skill and understanding
- You are supported by professionally qualified teachers
Who does GOswim cater to?
- Infants with their parents - Children aged 6 months to 3.5 years
- Preschoolers - Children aged 3.5 - 5 years
- Primary school aged children - Children aged 5 years and above
What are the costs?
There are membership fees involved in joing our GOswim swimming lessons that are due and payable via direct debit. This fee covers the cost of the lesson and holds the student’s place in each class. A separate document detailing terms and conditions related to direct debit payments is available from reception.
What if I miss a lesson?
The membership fee secures your place within the program class however, the program membership does not include an option for missed lessons.
If a lesson is missed for medical reasons and a medical certificate is presented, we will happily suspend your lesson free of charge.
What should I bring to each lesson?
Essentials for GOswim swimming lessons include:
- A towel
- A well, non-contagious student
- Goggles or cap, if the student prefers
- A swim nappy if your child is not toilet trained
- Students membership card and rewards card
- A happy and cheery smile with lots of energy